7/16/2005

Fractal Art

I learned about fractals while researching my book. Since then I found some great stuff online including how to design your own! "When mathematician Benoit Mandelbrot discovered a complicated new fractal set of equations in 1975, it led to a fundamental scientific re-categorizing of our reality. Suddenly there was order in chaos..he had discovered equations governing our reality...'clouds, coastlines, tree branches, commodity proces, word frequencies, turbulence in fluids, stars in the sky, a reputation, fame, the passage of history of itself...-all are fractal shapes.'" (Surfing the Tao, p.193) Awareness of fractals can open the mind to a new way to comprehend reality, an alternative to hierarchical and dualistic principles which presently govern our world. Not to mention they are fun, and can be truly beautiful!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GROW IT YOURSELF!

Anonymous said...

Wow A.V. Michaels how did I get here? I was trying to find some info on surfing so goodness knows why the last link I clicked on brought me here. But although there is nothing about surfing, I'd like to say what a good job you've done with Fractal Art

Anonymous said...

Hi A.V. Michaels There I was just cruising the web looking for info on stuffwork go windsurfing and I happened upon your site. It looks like you have put a lot of work into Fractal Art and congratulations, but I'm really looking for info on windsurfing.